Please See Before you read...

This blog represents my own personal thoughts, feelings and reflections of events; it does not necessarily represent those opinions of the British Red Cross or any further extension of the Red Cross organisation, including any of its members, both voluntary and staff.
Additionally, they do not necessarily reflect any opinions or attitudes of the staff and people I meet within the health care environments I work in when on placement.

Thank you =)
Powered By Blogger

Monday 23 November 2009

A pause for thought...

In my boredom I decided to surf the net for quotes.
How desperate for entertainment can you get?
But I have stumbled across a few words of inspiration which I think are highly relevant to many people I know, care for, and work alongside...

There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.
- John Andrew Holmes Jr., American writer and minister


The broadest, and maybe the most meaningful definition of volunteering: Doing more than you have to because you want to, in a cause you consider good.
- Ivan Scheier

and my fave:

Volunteers don't get paid, not because they're worthless, but because they're priceless.
- Sherry Anderson


It's too true for many people =]

No comments: